Sunday, November 11, 2012

10/17/2012 - Chicken Noodle Soup

If you read the family blog, you'd know this was right about the time we were all beaten down with colds. Noah got it first, gave it to Mason and then I got it. It was horrible. Aaron was the only survivor. So, it worked perfectly that this day was chicken nooodle soup day. There was only one problem....My crock pot wasn't big enough. I had to rush to the store that morning, buy chicken broth/stalk rush home, throw it all in and then, it overflowed. So, I called my grandma, desperate for help, and she suggested using my large pot with tin foil on top. DING! It worked great. I had to add four cups of water because there simply wasnt enough liquid for it to be any where near able to cook the noodles, but it worked. Also, my noodles came out SO mushy. It was more like a goulash than soup. We threw in some crackers and called it good though. Not much gets us down, as long as we can eat it and it's somewhat tasty, we're good.

See The Pin!

*After actually going back to write down recipes, I realized in the madness that was that morning, I didn't read it all. I simply read "combine all ingredients". I didn't read "except noodles". So....that's why my noodles were nasty mushy and there wasn't enough liquid. SO, I'll be redoing it next week and I'll update the results with pictures too.

No comments:

Post a Comment