Sunday, November 11, 2012

10/28/2012- Balsamic Chicken and Pumpkin Pancakes

With Hurricane Sandy coming, I decided I needed to make as much food as I could. So, I started with 15 balsamic chicken drumsticks. That's a lot of chicken. Not so much, though, when it's absolutely divine.

I even wanted to eat the marinade. That's how good it was. Very simple too, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce and honey. The recipe says you don't have to marinade it, but I always find the skin only has the flavor. Hopefully, by letting it sit for a while, it'd soak it up.



See The Pin!

While those were cooking and Aaron had Noah downt he street at a birthday party, I decided to use the last of my pumpkin puree. I had used some of it for my pumpkin pie oatmeal and had about a cup left. If the power went out, I didn't want to lose that awesome pumpkin. I searched around Pinterest and found this pin for pumpkin pancakes! Perfect!



See The Pin!

I threw them into bags when they cooled and put them in the fridge. Thankfully we never lost power. Noah's been asking for them though, so they aren't sticking around long! Guess I"ll have to make more. I'm hoping to get a new waffle maker soon, so maybe this would make yummy pumpkin waffles?

No comments:

Post a Comment