Sunday, November 11, 2012

10/26/2012- Dawn and Vinegar Tub Scrub

I don't have any pictures currently, but I did the Dawn/Vinegar solution to scrub my tub. I was pretty skeptical at first no matter how many people pinned it as "amazing" or "truly wonderful". I mean really, you're mixing soap and vinegar, how does that work!?

Anyway, we needed a clean tub to fill with water in case the power went out. Sandy was coming in and we needed to prep. So, I got my bottle, Dawn and vinegar together and poured in a cup of each. Also, apparently hot vinegar is the key?

I went up, sprayed all over the tub and let it sit for 2 hours and took up my little scrubbing sponge and went to down. Needless to say, I was shocked. For one, our tub was dirtier than I thought. Two, it got so much up! I was so sore afterward, but hey, we had a clean tub. The mixture also got up the nasty rusty stains that were there from the "jets" that have been blocked off. (Trust me, if we weren't renters, that'd be gone). I think it was a great success!

We'll be doing the basement one that Aaron uses, it's gotten backed up and for some reason it looks like rust is coming down from he back. Not sure what's going on there, but it needs cleaned....BAD.

See The Pin!

No comments:

Post a Comment