Sunday, November 11, 2012

10/29/2012- Slow Roasted Beef

Superstorm Sandy (Hurricane) was due to hit us later in the day, so we invited our neighbor, Chris, over for dinner. It was pretty intimidated by the recipe for this, but I think I did well. It started out the day before, with me realizing I needed to wrap the beef in salt and plastic wrap for 18-24 hours. I had actually wanted to make it the day before, but had to wait so I could do it “right”. On the 29th, I started out by searing it as suggested. Well, Aaron did that while I did something else – can’t even remember what it was now…. After it was seared, I read that I needed a roast rack. I had no clue what that was! Thankfully, a friend of mine from four doors down was on Facebook chat and said she had one. The beef was so big, I had to cut it in two. I had one on her rack and one on a cookie sheet. Sounds funny, but it worked!


On one of the racks, I rubbed it in garlic butter with some oregano mixed in. At first, I put it in for 2.5hrs on 225 degrees. I then turned it off and let it sit in there, just like the directions said. When I cut it, though, it was still all bloody. Looked delicious to me, but I wasn’t about to feed it to Noah. So, I wrapped it in foil and popped it back in for another hour. Came out perfectly!

See The Pin!

In the end, we had rolls, beef, mashed potatoes, green beans and mixed fruit. It was so yummy and the perfect way to listen to the “hurricane” pick up!

No comments:

Post a Comment