Sunday, November 11, 2012

10/27/2012- Chili and Hot Dogopus

10/27/2012- Chili, Hot Dogopus

What goes together better than chili, hot dogs and spaghetti? Trick question, I didn't put them together and I don't see how on earth that'd taste good. I had cooked up 3lbs of ground beef and separated it out into one pound bags. I needed to figure out what to do with my cooked beef, and chili was a good option. It was cold, chili's warm and the perfect fall food/soup. So, off to Pinterest I went. I didn't have a packet of chili mix, so that was out. There needed to be a simple recipe for me to use. Thankfully, I found it.

This chili was delicious. Typically, I'm a chili snob. I prefer the packet version with my two cans of whatever it is I add and call it good. This, beat it out of the park by far. It was simple it was tasty and it wasn't spicy. We also made up some yummy corn bread to put in/on it as well.

See The Pin!

Noah also got a special treat, we made (what I call) a hot dogopus. What's that you ask? It's a hot dog with spaghetti legs!!!


See the Pin

It's really simple, cut up your hot dog, break apart your spaghetti and stick it in then boil. Easy peasy. Noah had fun making the legs, watching the water and helping me drain (don't worry, I am uber protective of him and watch every move). I think he had a bit of a hard time realizing that it's ok for two such different foods to combine. After eating the first one, however, he didn't care and ate them all up!


No comments:

Post a Comment