Sunday, November 11, 2012

10/25/2012- Cheesy Potato and Sausage Casserole

I don't know that I've ever made an actual casserole before. I mean, I have the dishes and I have recipes, but I don't think I've actually done in an actual casserole dish. This one, though, was one that had to be made. It's a potato and sausage casserole and O.M.G. is it delicious. Aaron and I had to fight ourselves from eating it all that night. Noah, not the biggest fan, but then again he doesn't like "saucy" things, especially on meat.

The prep time on here is a lie. I think they assume you already have potatoes boiled and peeled and sausage cooked. Otherwise, how else can you prep this all in 20min? I boiled the potatoes and cooked the sausage at the same time, but even then, I had to cut the potatoes and peel them. You also have to make the cheese mixture, which is a good chunk of time.

I wish I had taken pictures of the process of it (I'm making it again soon, so I will gladly take more photos). This crappy cellphone picture does not do this thing justice. It makes the house smell amazing and tastes like heaven.

See the Pin!

Here's what was photographed by the creator of this amazing dish

No comments:

Post a Comment